call for applications
To celebrate the cold and in spite of the recession, CUBE is hosting RAINY DAYS, a group exhibition open to all artists.
Any person may apply for inclusion in the show (see below for application instructions), successful applicants will be provided with a ‘kit’ from which they will create their exhibition piece. To launch RAINY DAYS there will be an opening night with celebratory drinks, all work will be available for purchase from opening night, remaining work will hang for one week after.
Artists are encouraged to think creatively about the surface they are given and to explore interesting and unusual media.
- Artists may apply for multiple kits but inclusion in the exhibition is at the gallery’s discretion.
- Entry fee is non-refundable
- The artist keeps 80% of sales, payable at the close of the exhibition, retail price of artworks is to be decided by the artist.
- The gallery keeps 20% of sales.
- Artists must supply a detailed explanation of materials used.
- Each work must be signed by the artist (wherever you choose)
- Unsold artwork remains the property of the artist
To receive a registration form or to ask for more information contact Jemima at email@example.com, or call
(03)62 347848. Registrations must be lodged by Saturday 12th June, kits will be available for collection shortly after (you will be notified of the collection date, kits may be posted to applicants for a small postal fee).
1x mini canvas, approx 10cm x 10cm and 3.8cm deep (profile)
Registration fee is $20 per applicant, non-refundable. Included in the registration fee are the opening night costs for the exhibition, including invitation printing (you will be given some for personal distribution), postage, hire fees and drinks.
June 12th – Registration deadline
July 9th – Deadline for your artworks
July 16th – Rainy Days opening night
July 24th – Rainy Days closing date
146a Elizabeth Street, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, telephone: 6234 7848